Friday, February 26, 2010

Day Three in Sarasota!

My day two in Sarasota was amazing, as I am sure you can guess by my half of a post! LOL! Christina texted me late Wednesday night and said the other midwife at Rosemary Birthing Home (her name is Harmony) would probably be calling me during the night for a birth. The midwives here seemed to have pulled together for me to help me get these last few numbers in. I have been drowning in Blessings lately and I can only hope that God provides the last five primary that I will need to sit for my exam next February, or opens another opportunity (and I notice it and take heed!) At least. Five. That number seems so much less intimidating to me than twelve did. I have faith that I can pull off five. Somehow.

So the birth with Harmony was very refreshing for me. It was a water birth, which I am extremely unlikely to see in Tennessee with my current preceptor. Harmony also repaired some very minor lacerations of which would not have been sutured with my current preceptor. Because one of the biggest skills I hope to learn here is suturing, I was happy for the learning experience.

Birth is always a waiting game, and now I wait patiently for more, and in the interim I soak up as much knowledge from these amazing midwives as I can, I practice my suturing, and I bask in the sisterhood of the Sarasota midwives, reminding myself that there are midwives out there who practice much closer to the way I envision myself practicing (next year!). I am thankful for the kindness I have found here in Sarasota, and for the reminder that I am not crazy.

Day three might end up being a down time day, if no births happen. There is no clinic today, and unfortunately it appears that it will be too cold to go to the beach, at least for swimming. We'll see and I am sure that you will hear more about my day either today or tomorrow :)

<3
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment