Monday, March 22, 2010

Writing....


So, I could spend my day today blogging about how I am absolutely astonished (not in a good way!) that the health care reform passed. I could go on and on about the effects of the health care reform on midwifery, on woman's rights, on alternative medicine. I could blog about the corruption that led to this embarrassing excuse for a law. Maybe another day. But not today.

Today I am thinking about my book. I have been in the planning/plotting out stages of writing my book for years now. I first decided that I would write a book about my life back in 2001 when fellow poet friend Tim suggested that I should. I have mentioned before that I consider myself a writer, and have heard many times that I have a talent (when I bother to stretch my legs in my writing that is) for writing. I plan on my book being mostly an autobiography possibly in journal form but possibly in story form, I haven't actually decided on this yet. It's not so much that my life has been extraordinary (yet!) but more that it's been a struggle, but ordinary. Something that others can relate to easily.

I was reminded while talking to Thomas the other night that I should be working on my book. He had made a comment that he knew I had been drinking because my typing had errors in it and, as he said, it never does! Now that MTB moodle is done, I will have some more time that I can focus on my book. I had the excuse, when Andy was encouraging me to get to work on my book, that I don't know how the story ends yet. And that is still true, so I can either take *forever* to write it, or I can write it as a partially fictional book. We'll see. I haven't decided on that either.

And speaking of writing...I have just about filled up another of my journals during this trip to Florida. It's a good thing that I brought an extra one with me. I might make a new rule that I always have to have a spare blank journal in the van, in case I am gone and fill up the one that I brought. It saves me from needing to stop and buy one when a thought comes to me, as I prefer to write as soon as I am thinking about it. Right now I believe I have three extra blank journals at home in Tennessee, but that is actually kind of cutting it close for me, it might be time to hunt for more journals.

I have been known to use anything from a fancy journal purchased at the book store, to a decorative composition notebook, to just a plain lined notebook from the back to school section of the store. I actually seem to prefer the composition notebooks, but many times my fancy journals represent something specific that happened in my life around the time that I bought it.

My journals are my life, literally, and I don't mind spending a few extra dollars for one if I am so led at different times in my life.

Anyway I am going to close this for now, and will be posting agian in the next few days I am sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment