Thursday, March 4, 2010

Change

If there is anything that I have learned since leaving my ex-husband it would be these two things:
1. Life doesn't always turn out the way you planned, despite the best laid plans of mice and men...

2. When God gives you a sign that it is time for change, listen to it.

Being down here in Florida has really shown me what midwifery could be like. I remember once upon a time thinking this is what I wanted with my life. Why have I chosen to settle for less? Why did I again put my own needs last after everything else?

Unlike even 18 months ago when I left Florida, now there is a midwifery school which takes federal financial aid. And its less than two hours from where I lived. A sign? I think so. I am unhappy where I am. I need a change. Do I agree with having to pay $20k for permission to work in Florida as a midwife? No. Does it suck? Yes. Do I think I might learn anything in the new school? Probably. There is always something new to learn.

The kids can go back to Good Shepherd if I moved back down. And they can see their father more. It sounds like win-win-win. Christina is pushing for me to transfer to FSTM. I am beginning to think maybe I should. It is too bad that JJ's school doesn't offer financial aid. I'd just go there.

Is this a definite "I'm moving back to Florida"? No. But I am heavily considering it. After all, its time for a change.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment