Monday, March 1, 2010

Day Six in Sarasota!!

So, here I am at day six in Sarasota. Tonight was my son's pinewood derby race with cub scouts, and I obviously missed it (and he came in last place so he was sad and disappointed.). Today was a clinic day, though I spent most of it writing up some paperwork for Christina. I treated myself to subway for lunch, and then we got a call about a possible labor. We got there and it was a false alarm, but such is life as a midwife!

Went back to the clinic later and got to visit with Jodi, the birth assistant that has worked with Christina since even before I did. Jodi is pregnant with Mono-di identical twin boys!! How exciting for her!!

Now I am winding down and getting ready for bed. Talked to my kids and my former father in law, wishing my guy would call, and hoping some babies start coming!!

Oh yes, I also made a looong blog post on post partum infection, and added new "followers" to my blog. And I facebooked some...and lectured via email on the midwifetobe yahoo group LOL!! I do need to write in my journal, but its in the van, I will get to that tomorrow.

Oh, I am sure you will all find this funny, but I squatted down to get something out of my bag this morning and *split* my jeans right at the back pocket!! luckily I was in the bedroom Christina is letting me use, and alone, so embarrassment avoided, however, they were my *favorite* pair of jeans!!! Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Mono-di identical twins?!? That is soo cool! My mother, who is pregnant with the 11th, has been doing some research on twins and that is one of the rare ones, which I'm sure you already are aware of! :D Mom has *always* wanted twins (identical girls) and we were hoping and praying she would have some this time. Oh, well. The Lord's ways are higher than ours. :) But what's funny, is I have a friend who is going to have twins. We don't know what kind they'll be yet, but she wants them to be fraternal(boy/girl), so we shall see. :)

    And your poor jeans...gracious! ;)

    P.S. Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your friend! is she in Alabama? LOL! congrats to your mom as well. I love big families!! I always thought I'd have lots of children, but it seems The Lord had other plans for me as well.

    Even if your friend's twins are fraternal, they still may be two boys or two girls LOL! The only way you can verify identicity is if they are monochorionic (can be mono or di amniotic) and the only way to prove fraternal is if they are boy/girl (because even if they are di-di with separate placentas they can still be identical!

    And of course you are welcome for the invite!! It just really stinks that I had to make the blog private. What a shame. In many ways I can't *wait* until the children all turn 18 so that I will not have him in my life anymore. But I am trying to remember that they stay small for such a short period of time, and enjoy them while they still snuggle with me and give me kisses. Just is hard sometimes because in many ways I want them to stay this small, and in several ways I wish they were grown. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Haha, no she's here in CO. ;) Unfortunately midwives can't do twins here... :( She really doesn't want to go the hospital, but it seems she may not have a choice...

    I know, haha! That's why I mentioned the boy/girl because that's what she wants. We'll see if she gets it! She's going to have a sonogram done next midwife's appointment (the midwife who she's going to is also going to be my preceptor). :) So she'll be far enough along that we should be able to find out then. I'll let you know what the outcome is if you're interested. :D

    Yeah, that does stink. I'm sorry you had to make it private and for the conflicting feelings! That's so tough! *feels for you, *hugs*

    ReplyDelete