Sunday, March 14, 2010

A....

Glance.
A smile.
A laugh.
A giggle.
A blush.
The smallest touch.
A spark.
Forbidden.

But there.
And here.
Music -
A "Hello!"
A beginning.

Empathy.
Compassion.
Understanding.

Companionship
To fill
The loneliness,
Turmoil,
Heartbreak,
Confusion,
Breach of trust.

A glance.

© Misty M. Millard


I know, I don't usually post any poems or other writings here. But, well, maybe I should start. Along with a long history of journaling (on and off line), I have written short stories, poems, essays and research papers. I love writing. Some of my writing isn't that great, some if it is pretty good (in my opinion LOL!) a lot of my stuff from younger days is pretty young feeling (especially the poems) and a lot of the poetry follows the theme of my teenage years of struggling with abuse I went through as a child, and the feelings that came with trying to work through it. Anyway, perhaps I'll post older ones too, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment