Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Workshop is Over

Yesterday was the last day of the workshop. I do have to say, this workshop was quite a bit of fun! The girls were very outspoken and fun to be around. We got a lot accomplished at the workshop but I do have to say that if we ever did another basic skills workshop again we will have to make it three days long instead of two. Once we added in the few extra things, two days just wasn't long enough. We were pressed for time and working hard to cram everything in, and it isn't always a small chore to keep 8 women on track (once you include myself, Andrea and Linda). Sadly, I do not think that Linda will be hostessing anymore of the basic workshops. Andrea and I love teaching them, and love meeting other students from all over, but without Linda we can't do them on our own. So, perhaps once Andrea and I are done getting our CPMs I or both of us will hostess more workshops. I don't really see this as an end to helping midwifery students learn new skills, and instead see it more as a "to be continued at a later date."

I don't really know what the status is on the April advanced workshop, and I will, of course, give the students whom it affects a heads up as soon as I know. The workshop really is at the mercy of Linda's will, and I cannot take responsibility for it being held nor for it being cancelled if it ends up cancelled. All I can really suggest is that if you were planning on coming you email Linda and let her know how much it means to you.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment