Saturday, January 30, 2010

So What do Student Midwives Do While Waiting on Babies?!?!

Well, I don't know about other midwives, but I do some very mundane things. If I am just waiting for a mom to go into labor, I get on with things in my life.

I clean my own house (see picture of lovely just cleaned kitchen?) I play with and care for my kids,

and I often write in my journal. I have filled several of these various notebooks and diaries over the last two decades of my life, and am an avid journaler. I also blog often (can't you tell?) Now that that technology is available.

I work on knitting or crocheting projects like this scarf pictured, its almost done yay!! And of course there is studying, and more studying,

and more studying! Paperwork too.

When waiting for a labor to progress we will visit with the clients, play board and card games (In a Pickle here we come!) Knit or crochet, study and read, journal if I have a chance to, and catch up on any paperwork at the clinic.

Right now we are just waiting on a mom to go into labor, so I am spending today cleaning and crocheting as well as writing in my journal when thoughts occur to me about my life. Oh and of course, I am blogging :). I haven't figured out how to get the pic in the appropriate spots via email, so I will have to rearrange it when I get to an actual internet connection. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment