Sunday, April 4, 2010

What Misty Wants

I want to love passionately, and to be loved equally passionately. I want to be happy. I don't know if I ever really have been. I want to be understood and I want to be depended on to understand. I want to be held at night. I want to be the most important thing in someone's life, and vice versa. I want to be loved and not judged. I want a good male role model for my boys and a healthy marriage for my daughter to be molded by. I want to respect and be respected. I want someone who lives passionately. Someone who will cherish me. Someone who will sing like no one is listening and dance like no one is watching. Someone who will happily sit between two of my kids at Mass so that there is an adult separating all three, simply because they know it makes my life much easier, even if they can't stand going. Someone who will be my pillar of strength when I feel I haven't a shred of my own left. Someone who can make me laugh when I'm crying, and who can cool my hot anger with the slightest touch. Someone who will accept my children with open arms, and love the individuals they are. Someone who is open to life. Someone who is stable in his own life. Someone who can stand the life of a midwife. Someone with patience to match my own. Someone who can share me, happily, with the whole village of women, children, and families who I live and breathe to serve on a day to day basis. Someone who not only respects my dreams and ambitions for my future but helps me attain them and maybe even travels with me happily years from now on mission trips to pre-industrialized countries. I wonder if that someone exists. I wonder if it might just be too much to ask. But that's what I want.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

  1. Putting it out there is the first step! You will find him, Misty. I know it in my heart.

    ReplyDelete