Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Bustling Season at the Clinic!

This has surely been a bustling season at the clinic! We have had a few false alarms with our Christmas baby, but she has not arrived yet. We are being happily patient for her perfect birthday to arrive, as always leaving it in God's hands! I will, of course, update you when our Christmas baby arrives.

In the mean time, my children are in Florida with their father, and I am spending my Christmas season alone, but not. If I could have chosen company for a Christmas without my children I could not have made a better choice! I am away from *any* and all of my blood borne family this holiday season, but am celebrating with Linda and her family, who have welcomed me as if I was born into the family during this season. I also have my Church parish family, and will probably see my guy at some point during this week as well. I have secretly been dreading Christmas day for months now, and have had a bit of hidden depression over it. I have never been away from family during Christmas, and much of my family is very close knit. I was not looking forward to it. But, between all the excitement with the impending birth, and Linda and her family, Andrea, and my guy, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. My Christmas has been blessed.

I have taken a break from setting up the MTB moodle program, as it was beginning to consume my every waking moment. I was stressing about it and decided I needed a break from it. I wll get back on it after the first of the year.

I have also been busy organizing the next Basic Midwifery Skills workshop here at the clinic. We will once again welcome students from all over the USA to learn basic skills in a two day workshop at the end of January. I am excited about this, as I love the sense of sisterhood that we foster, as well as loving passing on the knowledge I have thus far attained.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone, and have a blessed Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment