Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Its Official!!!!!!

I am officially enrolled at Florida School of Traditional Midwifery as of TODAY!!!! That's right, you heard it here first folks, Misty has reached a *huge* (and I mean *HUGE*) milestone in her journey to becoming a midwife!! Nearly 4 years ago when I first decided to start this journey, going to a Florida school seemed so out of reach, and now here I am!!

So, you might be thinking to yourself, what classes does Misty get to take this semester? Here's the list of courses!!

Year 1, Term 1

  • Student Success Lab
  • Healthcare Skills I
  • Psychology for Midwives
  • Research Evaluation
  • HIV/AIDS
  • History of Midwifery
  • Anatomy and Physiology I
  • Anatomy and Physiology I Lab
  • Interpersonal Relationships and Communication Skills I
With my already 3 years of midwifery studies behind me, and recent college as well, this semester should be a breeze. My goal is to get straight A's (Like I've ever gotten anything OTHER than straight A's?)

I have my doula/CBE prerequisites classes this weekend in Ocala, and then I start school on the 30th of August! I can't believe it!! I am still sort of in awe of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment