Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireflies, butterflies, fireworks, fairy lands, ice cream cones, cook outs, and all things summer

This summer I have been trying to soak it all in with my children. As I don't anticipate having this much time off again for a very long time, reveling in the time that I do have has become my number one priority. Though I had grande plans of learning Spanish and relearning french this summer, I have done neither. Instead my summer has been filled with spending time with my best friend, helping care for my paternal grandparents, then driving to Ohio so that my children could have a fun and relaxing summer playing with all of their cousins and visiting with all of my family.

In a few days the children and I leave to drive to New Jersey, a state I have never been to, to visit my father-in-law as well as his mother and other family. My children have never met their Great-Grandma McGovern, and I think they are really looking forward to it. They will see their cousin Matt this trip too, which they are excited about. They are also excited about seeing their Grandpa McGovern, whom they haven't seen in over a year now.

After our weekend trip to NJ we will come back here to Ohio and spend a few more days with family here. Once we leave here we will head to the Carolina's where we'll stop over night and then head back to Florida. Wow, that's a lot of travel time!!

I know I haven't been blogging as much as I normally do, but I promise once we get into new routines in Florida, the blogs will follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment