Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The. Worst. Flu. EVER!!!!!


Oh. My. God!! Saturday night I started getting chills, and a fever, then sweating and chills. By Sunday morning I was running a 104 fever I hurt all over, my head felt like it was going to explode and like it weighed a ton, and I was nauseous. By half way through the day I was puking as well. I only got off the couch to pee or puke (or both, tried to make it both to be economical). The rest of the time I slept. and slept. and slept. Ditto for Monday. By Tuesday I was feeling a little better (no fever), and I was home alone (my uncle left for Florida, and my mother never returned from Florida after going in March). My "new" friend Cindy drove me and Bobby up to his school so I could drop him off, and then dragged me off to her house so she could wait on me all day. She did a splendid job of it too! She took me to pick Bobby up from school that afternoon and took us back home, and by then I was running a fever again. Tuesday night I was miserable again, but never had a fever as high again (stayed around 101-102).

Today I woke up feeling "all right". Not Splendid by any means! but definitely better. No fever, no body aches, no vomiting or anything. Now I am thinking most of my symptoms (headache, swimming feeling when I get up, nausea, weak) are related to not eating in four days. Yup, that's right. FOUR DAYS of a clear liquid diet. Those of you who know me in person know I cannot afford to go four days without food!! yuck!! Now to get my strength back up, clean this disgusting mess from being sick (the house seemed to fall apart while I was sick) deal with a double whammy birthday party this weekend, and drive down to Florida next week! YAY! (or oh man I have to do all of THAT? where will I find the energy?!?!?!?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment